With a rise in the popularity of video games, the need for machines that support uninterrupted gaming experience has been on an ever-high. Catering to the demands of the gamer community, Netgear had come up with the Nighthawk series, and the Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 is one among them. Allowing users to stream up to 450+1300Mbps Wi-Fi speeds with a powerful dual-core 1GHz processor at heart, this router is a complete package.
If you have got your hands on one lately, there are certain things to know. The Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Setup process has been made easier with the Nighthawk mobile App. But, one step doesn’t always work. That’s why you need to have a plan B ready.
In this blog, we will discuss the ways you can easily get done with the Netgear AC1750 setup process.
The Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 setup process
The setup process begins with installing your Netgear router. This involves attaching the antennas, preparing your MODEM device and connecting it to the router using an ethernet cable, powering the router and at last, connecting the same to a computer system. When you are done with the basic installation, begin with launching a web browser on your computer system.
Now, The very first time when you will connect to the router, the genie screen will appear. You can follow the instructions on-screen to connect to the internet. If the genie screen doesn’t pop up, you can reopen the web browser. Also make sure if your computer is connected to the internet or not. Also, consider changing the IP settings from static to dynamic. If you still cannot see the genie screen, you can login to the router so Netgear Genie can detect a connection to the internet.
Follow the steps:
- Open a web browser on the computer.
- Type the web address “www.routerlogin.net” in the address bar and press Enter.
- This will direct you to the Netgear AC1750 setup page wherein you will be required to enter the username and password details. You can use “admin” for the username field and the word “password” for the password field.
- You will be taken to the Basic home screen. If your internet connection is not set up, Netgear Genie will detect the connection automatically.
- You need to understand the meaning of all the LEDs on your router front panel. Refer to the user manual to learn about each.
- This step marks the end of your Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 setup process.
Changing the router admin password
Here are a few steps you will need to follow if you are looking to change the router admin password:
- Launch a web browser and type the default web address www.routerlogin.net to access the Netgear AC1750 Setup page.
- On the main login page, enter the word “admin” and “password” in the username and the password fields respectively.
- Once you are logged in, you can go to the “advanced” tab and select “administration” to go to the “Set password” field.
- Specify the old password and a stronger new password in both the lower fields. Also, check mark the “Enable Password Recovery” radio button. This will allow you to change or recover your password in case you ever lose it in the future.
- Select any two security questions and list the answers to the same.
- Click on the Apply button which will save the changes made to the settings.
Now, the next time you visit the Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Setup page, you will be using the new password you have just set.
Facing trouble with Netgear AC1750 Setup? Follow the steps!
While you are trying to set things up in an orderly fashion, issues like “no internet”, “lost password”, “outdated firmware”, and more can disturb you. Ensuring you don’t face such issues, here are some things you can keep in your mind.
- Issues like No internet connection may be due to lose wired connections. Make sure you check for any fault in the Ethernet cable or the ports where they meet the devices. Ensure that the Internet LED on your router front panel is solid. If not, you can restart your devices or power cycle them to fix the issue.
- If you tend to forget your passwords often, make sure you check the “Enable Password Recovery” feature during the initial setup or better yet, write down the new password details in a secure place. You can also continue to use the default credentials as with Netgear, every router has been assigned a unique login key.
- If you think issues are occurring frequently, it might be due to outdated firmware. Make sure you check for the updates regularly.
Furthermore, If you think you need more help with the Netgear nighthawk AC1750 setup process, you can always reach out to the team of experts at our end.